Saturday, July 9, 2016

Shaking off the Dust

This morning, I went for a walk. I know, weird, right? But there's a good explanation, I promise. In addition to starting #100daysofgaming in a few days, I'm also participating in a self imposed fundraising challenge for Extra Life.

Like so many these days, I lead a rather sedentary life. I'm acutely aware of the drawbacks of such. So in the interest of decreasing those drawbacks, I've pledged to take 200,000 steps this month, plus an extra step for every penny I raise on my fundraising page. For someone who seemed to average about 3500 steps a day prior to this challenge, I was genuinely worried that I set the bar too high. 

Thankfully, I've recently come across a great new motivator to get those steps in: Pokemon Go of course! So of course, this morning, I was up at 5:30 AM to get dressed and go tromping through the neighborhood in search of Pokemon, Pokestops, and Gyms before the sun makes this humid summer heat unbearable. It's the first real workout I've had in a while. Though I came home worn out and sweaty, it felt good. So seriously, thanks for the workout, Nintendo.  

Don't mind the dust
After I returned from my grind session, I decided this was a good time to dig up my games. For a while now, in our office, in a forgotten bin filled with unused fabric scraps, beneath a little used antique sewing machine, there has been a little shoe box tucked between some scraps of muslin. It was from this unassuming box that I retrieved my dawn of souls cartridge, along with a bonus - my old clam shell GBA. I'd intended to play Dawn of Souls on my old DS, but for nostalgia sake, I think I'll use this.

I'm planning on posting a poll once I have a few suggestions for character names, so post  your ideas in the comments! 
Glamour Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment