Sunday, July 10, 2016

Internet Currency

I've voluntarily ceased my current play-through of Final Fantasy X. I don't want to spend any more time on it if  I'll have to start over sometime in the next three or so months. It's left me in a bit of a gaming void for the time being. I do have Pokemon Go to fill it, but for the times when I need a little variety, I've gone back to wasting time in Gems of War.

It's a pretty complex game for being a match three. Being from the makers of Puzzle Quest, I already knew I'd enjoy it when I first saw it on the Playstation store. Technically it's a mobile game, but I like the console version. It's nice getting home from work, plopping on the couch, putting my feet up, and playing until my husband gets home from work. I get a good hour of alone time, save for the presence of my kitties Flik and Viktor. (Yes, they're named after Suikoden characters.)

Flik prefers to sit on the chair across from me, watching, but at a distance. He definitely prefers my husband. Viktor on the other hand, is... not a lap cat, more of a blatant violator of personal space. He has to be touching me whenever possible. Anyway, if I'm going to spend this much time talking about my hairy babies, it's probably about the time I posted some internet currency.

Flik (left) and Viktor (right) battling the forces of sleepytime.

How many internets is that worth? I'm not really sure of the exchange rate...

Anyway, Gems of War is a match three turned into a Role Playing Game. You form teams of troops and match gems to earn different types of mana to power up special attacks. Match skulls for a regular attack. Try to keep the enemy from doing the same. Then there's troop management where you level up certain units, and decide which troops work well together. You have quest battles and PVP where you can earn gold and glory in the weekly ranking to buy more troops and upgrades. It can seem a little pay to win, and you certainly can waste money on it, but I've not spent a dime and I do quite well for myself. If you're interested, my description hardly does it justice. Check it out and decide for yourself.

That's all I've got for now. Until next time!

PS: Don't forget, you can help me name my Final Fantasy characters. Comment with your ideas now, because I'm putting up a poll on this coming Tuesday so my readers can vote for their favorites. 

1 comment:

  1. I just started over on ffv, so I ended up renaming Bartz as Henré
    possibly in reference to Hardcore Henry, but I like the look of it.

    ReplyDelete