Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Welcome to my Experiment!

Hello and welcome!

As you might have guessed from the title of this post. I've decided to try a little experiment as part of my annual Extra Life efforts. If you don't already know, Extra Life is a charity gaming marathon that supports Children's Miracle Network hospitals all over North America. Participants get to choose which CMN hospital they support, so I'm of course playing in support of the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation. For more information on Extra Life, I recommend you check out their website: www.extra-life.org

Now this blog is going to be about an Extra Life tradition that is quickly gaining traction within the movement called "100 Days of Gaming". Now, usually streamers do this, but I have nowhere near the level of prowess with streaming to do this justice. However, I do consider myself a decent writer, so I've decided to blog my experiences instead. I can only hope that this proves entertaining for my readers - I'll certainly try my best to be interesting!

It should be noted that for most '100 Days' Extra Life players, this whole thing doesn't start until the last days of July, but I'll be starting early. This year's Extra Life international day of play is going to be on November 5th, but due to travel plans, we've moved the marathon date for my team, Steel City Score Attack, to October 22 instead. In keeping with this, my 100 Days begins on July 14th - A little more than a week away as of this writing.

Without further adieu, I'd like to share my grand plan for this blog:


My intention is to begin with the first game, and work my way as quickly as I can through the series. For the most part I'll be sticking only to numbered titles. If I get through those early enough, though, you may see things like Final Fantasy Tactics or Crystal Chronicles, but those are stretch goals, to be sure.

So there you have it. My statement of intent. Keep watching this space for updates and my impression of each of the games in the series as I replay them or, in rare cases, play them for the first time. Next week, I'll be starting with the original Final Fantasy. I have access to the Original Nintendo cartridge, but I also have the Dawn of Souls version for GBA. If you have by some miracle already become an interested reader, feel free to make known which you'd prefer I try.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck, and welcome to the #100DaysofGaming team! - Battery H

    ReplyDelete