Friday, July 22, 2016

Day 8: "Reminiscence" and Clean Sewers

I didn't make much progress yesterday, as expected. In addition to focusing on my own personal Extra Life efforts, I also captain a team in Pittsburgh and serve on the volunteer board of the Extra Life Pittsburgh Guild. So you can bet that if I'm not progressing as quickly as I'd like in my 100 Days of Final Fantasy, I at least have a good excuse.

Extra Life means a lot to me because I have people in my life that I love dearly and never would have had the opportunity to meet them if their lives hadn't been saved by CMN Hospitals. I also have a bit of personal experience to know how worthwhile the funds I raise can be. Kids need to be able to be kids even if they're fighting illnesses and recovering from injuries. Extra Life helps them do just that.

That's enough serious talk for now. My progress was meager, but I still intend to update where I am in the game. I headed back to Altair to hand over the mythril and proceeded to equip my characters with all mythril, all the time. I did a little bit of gil grinding, so my current equipment is as follows.

All characters have full mythril armor and are dual wielding the mythril weapons I've chosen for them. So Finn has two spears, Rey has two swords, Poe has two maces, and I gave two knives to the Moonlight night... I mean Minwu. I know he's leaving the party soon, but I'm prepping him for the bonus content in case I want to go back to it later.

Now that my party was well supplied, I went back across the sea and arrived in Bafsk to try and stop the completion of the Dreadnaught. As a side note, in the sewers below Bafsk I was noticing that it seemed similar to the sewer dungeon in Suikoden...  Oh Suikoden... I cri evertim... You might even say that my eyes were full of Tirs. Punny pun is punny.

If you've seen one sewer dungeon, you've seen them all, I guess. I also found myself wondering why sewer dungeons in fantasy games always seem so clean. I'm not complaining, it's just funny because it probably means that NPCs don't poop. I'm going to stick with that.

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal, Kylo!
Getting back on track, I got to the end where a familiar but shadowy figure told me I was too late, mwahaha. I named my fourth character Kylo for a reason. Spoilers, lol. He told us to bow down to the emperor, we had no other choice, blah blah blah... and generally fitting the archetype of the broody villain. He left, then Borghen laughed at us, sounding like a discount Kefka and he left too. We helplessly watched as we failed our mission and the Dreadnaught flew away.

I went back to town, hit the inn, and saved my game. That's all for the latest, so today, I'll head back to Poft and assess the damage.

Five hours down, tons more to go...

Remember to share and follow this blog to keep updated on my adventures. You can donate to my Extra Life efforts HERE, or learn about joining Extra Life HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment