Friday, July 8, 2016

On Developing Habits

One of the most important things I want to do with this blog is actually use it. So as you can see, in the interest of building the habit of posting, I've been making a new post every day. I just hope I have the discipline to continue to do so up through my team's Extra Life marathon day.

I look so cool!
Speaking of habits, like so many others, I'm caught in Pokémania - which is odd because I've never played a Pokémon game before now. I've never been opposed to playing it, I just always had other things to focus on instead of it. I've got friends who are very into Pokémon, so I've no doubt that my downward spiral into obsession will be quick and painless.

I've played Ingress for a couple of years now, so I suppose this is the next logical step. At least my habit of carrying around power banks and charging cables for my phone will be of some benefit. I only hope this won't serve as too much of a distraction while I begin my grand Final Fantasy project.

While we're on the topic of habits, I also want to remind my readers that this blog is for #100DaysofGaming in order to spread the word about Extra Life and maybe even raise a little money to fund quality of life programs for the kids at the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. If you'd like to develop a habit, you can actually make a recurring monthly donation if you'd like to do more than just a one and done contribution. So if you're feeling generous and want to join the ranks of tens of thousands of heroes for kids, visit my fundraising page (www.extra-life.org/participant/katemorosky) to set that up. Ok, boring stuff out of the way.


Decisions, Decisions...
I've decided I'll begin with the Dawn of Souls version of Final Fantasy. As a friend pointed out, it will be easier for me to stick to portable systems so I'm not tethered to a console. With that choice out of the way, I'd like to offer my readers the chance to make suggestions for character names and party selection.

Leave your ideas in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment