Sunday, July 17, 2016

Play some Skynyrd!

I didn't have as much day three progress as I'd hoped. It was a busy day, and so I had very little time to play Final Fantasy. That's not to say I didn't play anything though. We spent the morning doing adulty things like tidying the house and grocery shopping, and then my husband and I met some friends at a Chinese buffet. They talked us into going to see Ghostbusters with them, and I do have to say, I went in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. Afterwards we all returned to my place to play a friend's recently acquired copy of HeroQuest. (Likely because of the recent popularity of this video.)

The best thing about HeroQuest is... Well it was really a lot of fun, actually. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I think we're going to play again soon. But you aren't here for a review of a remake of a classic 80's film, or review of classic 80's board game. You're here to hear about my personal experience as I replay an 80's JRPG.

So back on topic, I spent much of the little time I was able to play lost at sea searching for the port nearest to Crescent Lake. Having finally found the place and restocked my supplies, I proceeded to the circle of creepy old guys (or sages, whatever) and got my canoe.

Next I decided to follow the advice of a walk-through I've been consulting whenever I get really lost, and ignore Mt Gulug for the moment to instead go after the Levistone. I proceeded to get lost for a while searching for The Cavern of Ice. That is a scary place. Thankfully I saved just outside, because I had two party wipes in there before I made it to my objective. 000000 was basically spamming Firaga and chugging Ether the whole time. I totally forgot about the part where you can fall through cracks at first too. Pain in the butt.

'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
And this bird you cannot change
At the end of that ordeal, I got lost AGAIN searching for the desert where the airship is inexplicably buried and is inexplicably 'awakened' when you take the Levistone there. I don't know why it's so hard for me to get my bearings in this game. Usually, I tend to have a decent sense of direction in RPGs. Eventually I made my way to the proper location and the cutscene rolled. Lots of hullabaloo for an airship, but then again, this is one of the things that's become a staple of the series, so I'm not sure if this was just added for the dawn of souls remake to reflect that.

 At this point, I decided it was high time I got my class upgrades and headed over to the Citadel of Trials, and called it quits for the night. Today, I'll take on as much of the Citadel as I can before I go to my Pathfinder session this afternoon.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment