Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Stalling for XP (FFIII, Day 41)

Clearly, at the end of my last post, my intention was to go and kill the boss guarding the Earth crystal. That did not happen. Instead I went exploring because it's totally a smart move to start going after optional bosses when you're trying to finish a game more quickly. /sarcasm

Some self-flagellating part of me doesn't want me to finish this game. Or maybe it's the part of me that just wants to slow down and enjoy the ride. As much as I complain, I'm really enjoying this game. I know that the remake has a great deal more character development than the original, but I don't care. I'm playing the remake and I enjoy it.

This is Pronounced: "You have a game
 to finish, Kate! Quit wasting time!"
Whatever my motivation for doing this, I took the Invincible to the Floating continent to see what I could now reach with it's mountain hopping abilities. The first place I happened across was a cave in a protected little valley. At it would happen, I found myself in Bahamut's Lair. Now, as I mentioned before, I don't NEED any summons, because I have no interest in training up a summoner this late in the game. Regardless, I was there, so why not beat the stuffing out of a legendary dragon who gave me a fright earlier in the game? It was surprisingly easy given how over leveled I was for him.

Next on my point of interest list was a random lake in the northwest corner of the floating continent. I'd been curious earlier in the game as to what that giant swimming shadow might be. The answer: Leviathan. Another summon that I could get and not use at all. Again, I was higher level than necessary so it made for a concise and clean battle.

It was only after these two unnecessary battles that I sought out the real boss, Titan. By this time, I was also a bit over leveled for him as well, and the details of the battle are frankly boring. I used the same tactic as on Bahamut and Leviathan. Po'Ang heals, Ektorp attacks, Hemnes casts Bio, Lack attacks. Rinse and repeat until boss is dead.

Dude, Titan is RIPPED.
Sure enough, another sentient crystal granted my party a new pile of job classes, and played Exposition Fairy while I pressed the A button until it stopped.


Shhhhh.

Sorry, this is all of the words for today. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment