Thursday, August 25, 2016

Getting Classy (FFIII, Day 42)

Yesterday, I started looking up some tips for getting through these last few dungeons. On a whim, I decided to read through a list of job descriptions to see what I was missing out on. For those of you that already know what's coming here, you can stop sighing and/or shouting at your computer screen. I can't hear you and frankly it's weird of you to talk to your computer without some sort of voice activation software. Which when I think about it, many of you may have at this point as such technology becomes ubiquitous. So... I mean...  you can yell at Siri if you want to I guess.

Back to the topic at hand. I've been using the wrong classes. As in, I now know that Devout is White Mage 2.0, Magus is a much better Black Mage, and a Black Belt is even punchier than a Monk. I already picked up on the reasonable progression for Ektorp, who has levels in Knight and Batman, but I didn't catch on for the rest. Don't worry, I rectified this error in judgment before I set off to grab the goodies in Eureka, the forbidden land that apparently exists in a pocket dimension.

I enjoyed the music in Eureka. It reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean. Suitably epic for a so-called forbidden land. Now that I had my character classes properly upgraded, I made my way through the small dungeon. I had a pretty easy time of it too. For each legendary weapon, there was a Mini Boss that was the spirit of that weapon, so I had to defeat them to prove myself worthy. Piece of cake - especially considering that the game fully heals you every time you defeat one of them. It was a rinse and repeat sort of situation with each enemy. As you can see, Po'Ang was very bored with the whole situation.
Bored apathy is just what one would expect from a cat, so...
Items all acquired, I got to the end of the dungeon and paid a visit to the vendors there. Among other things, I left with a tidy pile of level 8 spells for Po'Ang and Hemnes. Nice. I finished up by making a quick run back through the labyrinth to have a rest on the airship.

Tonight or tomorrow, I think I may actually finish this. You know what that means... NAME POLL TIME! Click HERE to go to the poll and choose the next ridiculous category for my FFIV characters' names.

No comments:

Post a Comment